Blanching Plant Shift Manager
$76,545 salary (Super inclusive)
Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward-looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for!
With a strong regional focus and dedication to the community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
We are currently inviting applications for 2 new Blanching Plant Shift Managers to join our production team at The Peanut Company of Australia (PCA), a division of Bega Foods.
- 1 x full time permanent
- 1 x full time fixed term (12 months)
The successful incumbents will manage the day to day operation of the shift, determine efficiency improvements and preventative maintenance as well as provide leadership to staff to achieve the required Safety, Quality and Production performance.
Rostered shifts rotate weekly for a 40-hour x 5 day a week pattern. The shifts are from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm or 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Occasional weekend work included.
To be successful in this role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value the diversity of thinking, experiences, and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally, you will have:
- Experience in a similar role having managed up to 10 production staff that comply to policies, procedures, and standards
- Certificate IV or above in Frontline Management and/or WHS qualification or equivalent experience (not essential)
- Ability to coach, motivate and develop staff
- Ability to uphold OH&S and quality requirements always
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Forklift license and driving experience (highly desirable)
- Previous food manufacturing experience (highly desirable)
Bega provides a competitive salary, certified training opportunities, and a supportive team environment.
We want to learn about you. Send us a cover letter and resume describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role.
Applications close: Fri 30th August
We accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.