Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for!
With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
We are currently seeking a Demand Planner to join our team. This position is based in our Port Melbourne office and will report to the Demand Planning Manager. The Demand Planner will be responsible for delivering a robust, assumption based 24 month forecast for the Bega Foods business which will enable visibility of long term strategy to operations and provides a financial forecast to drive the delivery of annual targets.
The Demand Planner will also manage the monthly process to deliver a valid business forecast at all levels of the hierarchy and provide analysis and insights each month to help improve forecast accuracy and support business KPIs including DIFOT and minimising Stock at Risk etc.
This role acts as a key liaison between the Commercial Sales/Category/Finance functions and the Supply and Operations functions and facilitates the flow of relevant information between parties to ensure change requirements are understood.
To be successful in this role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally you will have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Supply Chain, Logistics or other relevant field
- Proven Demand Planning experience, gained within the FMCG or Consumer goods industry
- Experience in forecasting and replenishment processes
- Strong analytical skills and advanced Excel skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work well autonomously
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to build effective relationships and influence
- Prior experience with ERP and/or statistical forecasting tools preferred
- Experience with DMP/M3 would be highly regarded
Bega provides a competitive salary, certified training opportunities and a supportive team environment.
What you can expect
- To be part of a supportive and talented team
- Career development and job opportunities
- An excellent culture that holds true to company values
- An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
- And amazing employee benefits such as Salary Continuance, Health Insurance Cover, Flexible Work, Purchase Leave, access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few.
We want to learn about you. Send us a resume and cover letter describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role.
Applications Close: 7th October 2019
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we've got this one covered, thanks!