Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for!
With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our Operations team in the role of Training and Safety Coordinator, located in Koroit. The prime purpose of this role is to work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality training and safety initiatives to the business. This also includes supporting the development and implementation of a variety of training and safety initiatives. These include training and safety compliance, learning & development and other site wide projects.
Reporting to the Operations Manager – Koroit, this is an excellent opportunity to learn and have the ability to work as part of a team and ability to engage with key stakeholders.
To be successful in this role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally you will have:
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment Or relevant Safety/Training/HR/OHS qualifications (i.e. Certificate IV in Workplace Health & Safety)
- Experience in similar role including: Scheduling and coordinating compliance and technical training – preferable
- Demonstrated use of Information Systems (experience with Workday desired), including training records management, LMS and audit processes – not negotiable
- Experience in development of training materials
- Demonstrated ability to report and monitor compliance
- An appetite for continuous improvement/Training/Safety
- Advanced Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Understanding of adult learning principles, contemporary delivery methodologies and assessment requirements
- Effective communication both verbal and written and well-honed interpersonal skills
- Superior learning agility i.e. ability to pick up information quickly and apply information, proactively seek out information and ask questions to ensure understanding, etc.
Bega provides a competitive salary, certified training opportunities and a supportive team environment.
What you can expect
- To be part of a supportive and talented team
- Career development and job opportunities
- An excellent culture that holds true to company values
- An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
- And amazing employee benefits such as Salary Continuance, Health Insurance subsidy, Flexible Work, Purchase Leave and access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few.
We want to learn about you. Send us a cover letter and CV describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role. Please forward any queries regarding the position to [email protected]
To access the Position Description and/or to apply online please visit our careers page at www.begacheese.com.au
Applications close: 29 June 2020.
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we've got this one covered, thanks!