Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for!
With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Manager to join our team to provide advice, guidance and technical support on the design & execution of robust quality management processes for our Strathmerton site.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this is an excellent opportunity to work within a supportive team to ensure that all products are safe and consistent while meeting or exceeding any agreed customer standards, regulatory requirements and consumer expectations.
To be successful in this role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the dairy industry or in a similar medium-high risk food manufacturing environment.
- A degree or diploma in Food Science or another relevant discipline.
- A thorough understanding of Quality Management Systems.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and experience coaching, mentoring and developing a team.
- Working knowledge of BRC, CFMSR, ISO, WQA, DAFF, HACCP and GMP
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and lead continuous improvement activities in a factory environment
- Experience in coordinating resources to execute projects and initiatives
- Strong communicator, practical, team player, able to relate to all levels within the organisation
What you can expect
- To be part of a supportive and talented team
- Career development and job opportunities
- An excellent culture that holds true to company values
- An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
- And amazing employee benefits such as Salary Continuance, Health Insurance Cover, Flexible Work, Purchased Leave, access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few.
We want to learn about you. Send us a cover letter and CV describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role. Please forward any queries regarding the position to [email protected]
To access the Position Description and/or to apply online please visit our careers page at www.begacheese.com.au
Applications close: 14th October 2020.
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we've got this one covered, thanks!