Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover more than $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for! With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
We are currently seeking a highly agile and values driven Health and Wellness Business Partner - Injury Management & Benefits to join us at Port Melbourne. In this role, your key remit will be to provide advice and direction to the Group’s HR function on management of employees’ health and wellbeing including the National Injury Management Program. This role will take the lead on researching employee motives, implementing appealing benefit programs, rewards and tailoring benefit programs based on employee’s needs. Reporting to our Group Manager – Remuneration and Workplace Relations, you will be responsible for;
- Implementing and managing the National Injury Management program aligned across the group
- Building national service level agreements with insurance companies
- Researching strategies to implement injury prevention programs and drive productivity growth
- Responsible for managing and reducing Workcover and non-work-related insurance premium costs across all workplaces
- Developing, implementing and communicating new benefit policies, practices and programs to support employee engagement
- Providing recommendations and solutions covering specific areas of benefit planning, vendor relationship management, and/or other services
This position is ideal for someone who has a strong HR background with sound knowledge of workers compensation who is agile, driven and is willing to roll up their sleeves. In order to be successful, you must be a good communicator, have strong presentation skills and sound analytical skills.
To be successful for this role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally, you will have;
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Business, Health or a related discipline
- Proven experience working in a Human Resources generalist role
- Sound Workers Compensation knowledge
- A demonstrated ability to build relationships with all key stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
- Sound knowledge of principles of project management
- Strong numeracy and analysis capability
- Proven Vendor Contract Interpretation
- The desire to work as part of a team where collaboration, transparency, resilience, and customer focus are key attributes.
What you can expect
- To be part of a supportive and talented HR team
- Career development and job opportunities
- An excellent culture that holds true to company values
- An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
- And amazing employee benefits such as Free Car Parking, Salary Continuance, Health Insurance Excess Cover, Flexible Work, Purchased Leave, and access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few.
We want to learn about you. Apply online with a cover letter as the first page of your resume describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role. The position description is available for download when you click through to apply.
Any queries regarding this position may be sent to [email protected] however, all applications must be made online.
Applications close: 18th September 2020.
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.