Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for!
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation of sustainable Lean processes to reduce waste, drive engagement and improve business outcomes. Using Lean-based tools, the incumbent will facilitate the implementation of Continuous Improvement culture for the site through coaching and developing the Management team to achieve sustainable implementation of Lean processes for the site
Other accountabilities include:
- Help promote a culture around best practice and problem-solving, collaborating with stakeholders across all levels
- Lead the management and reduction of the waste which include the identification, prioritization and implementation of waste reduction initiatives
- Develop and lead an appropriately tiered daily meeting system to ensure visible accountability for non-standard performance
- Develop accurate and timely presentations of KPI information, designed to enable visual recognition of performance measured against standards
- Develop and sustain an effective system to track progress of the Lean implementation
- As member of the Site Leadership team champion a culture focused on driving Continuous improvement
To be successful in this role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally you will have:
- Leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation
- An initiator – can work collaboratively and build strong internal relationships
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Lean based programs
- Have previous experience coaching and developing the capability of others
- Hold a certification in Black Belt or other suitable qualification in Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Possess sound knowledge of Quality standards and systems within the Food & Beverage industry
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership with managing improvement groups to quantifiable savings
- An ability to work unsupervised and with minimal direction – a “self-starter”
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned to Bega’s values
What you can expect
To be part of a supportive and talented team
Career development and job opportunities
An excellent culture that holds true to company values
An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
And amazing employee benefits such as Salary Continuance, Health Insurance subsidy, Flexible Work, Purchase Leave and access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few.
Bega provides a competitive hourly rate/salary, certified training opportunities and a supportive team environment
We want to learn about you. Send us a cover letter describing your strengths and how you might apply them
in this role.
Please forward any queries regarding the position to [email protected]
To access the Position Description and/or to apply online please visit our careers page at www.begacheese.com.au
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we've got this one covered, thanks!
Applications close: 2nd October 2020.