Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for!
With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
This role is located Bega – NSW initially to get a grounding in the fundamentals of the role, then this role will be based in Strathmerton within 12 months to support the growth in production activity
An exciting opportunity exists for a Product Design Specialist to join our team in Bega, New South Wales where they will play a key role in launching new products and innovation projects, within the Contract Manufacturing Business Unit for Bega. Reporting to the Formulations Manager, The product design specialist will be response for managing new product development right from bench to commercial scale products, this includes designing cheese products to meeting customers ensuring requirements for functionality, flavour and other deliverables achieve agreed commercial objectives.
Other accountabilities will include:
- To oversee the practical implementation of research and development from internal and external collaborators.
- Act as the Project Lead on products ensuring project scoping, initiation and supplier briefing sessions are conducted diligently, ensure alignment of objectives
- Conduct bench development work in a test kitchen and in a pilot plant environment
- Manage scale up trials within a factory environment
- Coordinate and oversee development of formulation specifications
- Be the first point of contact for product manufacturers, managing all touch points within the product lifecycle up to product launch stage.
To be successful in this role:
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
As a team member driving innovation, you will work in a dynamic environment, you will have to be a pragmatic self-starter. We look to fail fast, learn through the process and iterate quickly to come out with the product which is the best fit for the customer.
Additionally, you will have:
- Degree qualified in Food Science/Technology or equivalent with a minimum of 2 - 5 years’ experience in product development preferably within FMCG industry
- Demonstrated ability to work across a range of challenging projects as a cross functional team member.
- Knowledge of food processing technology developments.
- Knowledge and expertise in dairy science and technology.
- Recipe Development expertise
- Ability to manage and execute tasks in product development projects such as Desktop formulations development, bench formulations development (develop formulations and Product samples) – Product and continuous improvement including sensory and functionality.
- Expertise in documentation - including formulation solvers, trial plans, M3 ERP and HG Specification system, operating specifications, label reviews, trial reports & update quality and production documentation
What you can expect
- To be part of a supportive and talented team
- Career development and job opportunities
- An excellent culture that holds true to company values
- An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
- And amazing employee benefits such as Health Insurance subsidy, Flexible Work, Purchased Leave and access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few
We want to learn about you. Apply online with a cover letter and CV describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role.
To access the Position Description and/or to apply online please visit our careers page at www.begacheese.com.au
Please forward queries regarding this position to [email protected]
Applications close: Friday 27 October 2020.
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we have got this one covered, thanks!