Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for!
With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
Reporting to the Site Manager, Port Melbourne the Health Safety & Environment Manager will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and administering all Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental activities for the Port Melbourne site (approximately 350 employees) in line with company policy, standards and legislative requirements.
This key role is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference. The successful candidate will be responsible to lead the development of the site’s safety strategy and play an active role in the development of the broader site’s strategy as key member of the site leadership group. You will drive the provision of expert advice, support and coaching on a wide range of operational and strategic health and safety issues. Ensuring that appropriate escalation and risk management occurs is pivotal to this role.
You will be a strong leader, visible and have proven experience in health, safety and environment, be a self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills and not be afraid to get your hands “dirty”. It is essential that you have the ability and drive to cultivate strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and be prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences, perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Health, Safety, Engineering or in Environmental Risk Management or Science
- Experience working in Hazard Identification, Accident Investigation, Environmental Auditing and or in Project Management
- Possess a solid understand of the latest legislative operating standards and guidelines
- A willingness to learn and adapt to changes working in a fast-paced environment.
- Be an excellent communicator with an ability to influence and work across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Previous manufacturing experience (highly desirable)
- Ability to think outside the box when it comes to Employee Wellbeing
- Sound consultation, negotiation and facilitation skills together with strong customer focus
- Proven ability to facilitate/develop risk assessments and undertake site health and safety audits
What you can expect
- To be part of a supportive and talented team
- Career development and job opportunities
- An excellent culture that holds true to company values
- An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
- And amazing employee benefits such as Salary Continuance, Health Insurance subsidy, Flexible Work, Purchased Leave and access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few.
We want to learn about you. Send us a cover letter and resume describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role. Please forward any queries regarding the position to [email protected]
To access the Position Description and/or to apply online please visit our careers page at www.begacheese.com.au
Applications close: Tuesday 20 October 2020.
Please note, we can only accept applications from people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we've got these one covered thanks!