We are excited to announce that our Bega NSW Maintenance teams are looking for our next Electrical Apprentice to work on site. This is a full-time role for a period of 4 years which will consist of both formal classroom training and onsite work experience.
We are currently inviting applications for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to undertake the first steps in their career as an electrician, who are willing undertake a 4 year electrical apprenticeship, with a focus on technical knowledge and skills.
Applicants must be willing to travel to attend TAFE outside of the regional area as required. All TAFE fees and tools of the trade will be covered by Bega Cheese, and all equipment and PPE will be provided.
As an Electrical Apprentice you will:
- Work Monday to Friday
- Work with experienced and qualified tradespersons to develop your skills and techniques to diagnose and rectify equipment faults, in electrical industrial processes and equipment across the business.
- Learn and develop safety risk assessment skills with trained professionals for safe, efficient delivery of preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Learn the safe and correct operation of plant and machinery and the correct use of hand and power tools.
- Support with routine maintenance and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Assist team members in workshop and workshop housekeeping
- Attend TAFE and complete the required modules on time and be deemed competent.
Why Choose Bega?
Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for!
With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
To be successful in this role
We look for potential, not only performance. Bega Cheese is a diverse organisation and we encourage both male and female applicants to apply.
- Year 12 HSC or equivalent or a mature aged applicant
- A commitment to undertake 4 years of relevant training to complete a Certificate III in Electro-technology and study at TAFE
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Aptitude in understanding electrical systems, with critical thinking and trouble shooting skills
- An excellent can do attitude and a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate cross functionally
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
- A strong focus on workplace health and safety
- Current driver’s licence and reliable transport
Applicants are required to attend aptitude testing and will be required to undergo a pre-employment functional and vision assessment, drug and alcohol screen, police check and reference check.
We want to learn about you. Apply with a cover letter, resume & copy of any licenses or qualifications and upload as one document.
Applications close Friday 27th November 2020.
Please note, we can only accept applications from people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we've got this one covered thanks!