- Pivotal role in helping to build a strong safety culture
- Enjoy amazing employee benefits
- Be part of a supportive and talented team
Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective.
With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
Our Lagoon St site in Bega is the historic home of Bega Cheese. It employs 230 employees and manufactures 38,000 tonnes of products including Cheddar Cheese, Whey Powder, String Cheese and Butter.
We are on a quest to hire a OHS Manager confident in their ability to influence and achieve outcomes through others. In this role you will be pivotal in helping to build a safety culture with a resounding common shared belief that all incidents are preventable.
The role will be both operational and strategic. Along with participating in the development of OH&S strategies, the role will provide guidance, coaching and technical expertise to promote behavioural safety change and ensure legislative compliance.
To be successful in this role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally, you will:
- Be tertiary qualified (or equivalent functional expertise) in a management or OHS discipline
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills
- Be an expert in enabling the application and monitoring of leading edge OH&S systems/practices
What you can expect
- To be part of a supportive and talented team
- Career development and job opportunities
- An excellent culture that holds true to company values
- An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
- And amazing employee benefits such as Salary Continuance, Health Insurance subsidy, Flexible Work, Purchase Leave and access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few.
We want to learn about you. Apply online with a cover letter and resume describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role.
If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for! Apply now!
Applications close: Monday 7th December 2020
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we've got this one covered, thanks!