Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for!
With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
We are currently inviting applications for a Manufacturing Manager to join our Contract Manufacturing leadership team at the Strathmerton site. The Manufacturing Manager will provide strategic direction and leadership to all the manufacturing and related functions to perform in line with safety, cost, quality, and operational performance parameters.
Reporting to the Site Manager – Strathmerton, you will be responsible for;
- Directing and motivating staff to maximise performance and grow capabilities
- Actively engaging with safety initiatives and proactively working on the safety culture across the site
- Monitoring production results and implementing strategies and action plans to improve KPI results
- Participating in internal and external quality, safety, and customer audits, and rectifying any non-conformances
- Reviewing and driving initiatives to ensure efficiencies and cost savings
If you are a strong communicator that can build relationships across multiple stakeholder groups, and enjoy facilitating positive change management, you will utilise your leadership skills to empower our people. If you have a food manufacturing background, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are adaptable and resilient you will be well suited to this opening.
To be successful in this role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Food Science or Engineering
- Demonstrated experience utilising Lean Manufacturing and/or Operational Excellence concepts
- Solid financial and commercial manufacturing acumen
- Ability to change direction and work under pressure with competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to mentor and lead staff
What you can expect
- To be part of a supportive and talented team
- Career development and job opportunities
- An excellent culture that holds true to company values
- An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
- And amazing employee benefits such as Salary Continuance, Health Insurance subsidy, Flexible Work, Purchased Leave and access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few.
We want to learn about you. Send us a cover letter and resume describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role.
Applications Close: Friday 22 January 2021
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we've got this one covered, thanks!